Metacommerce is a leading enterprise web3 platform built to drive consumer engagement, advocacy, and retention. With Metacommerce, global brands can create NFT and wallet-based experiences, orchestrate cross-channel marketing campaigns, and drive engagement across digital and mobile-first audiences.
Founded in Canada in 2021, Metacommerce has been recognized as an innovator within the web3 space, having helped brands and organizations generate more than 4.7k ETH ($5M+) in NFT transaction volume to date.
The company is fully remote, with team members based in Toronto, Montreal, and New York.
What to expect
- Become an early member of an extremely dedicated and intense team, operating in a remote async environment.
- Get access to new learning opportunities focused on some of the biggest challenges in finance, blockchain, and technology today.
- Work with an eclectic group of specialists, each at the top of their respective fields.
With our public beta live and mid-market to enterprise adoption picking up, we’re looking to onboard our first sales hire to accelerate our GTM strategy.
As our first GTM hire, we are looking for a Business Development Lead who will play a pivotal role in shaping and driving our sales strategy and go-to-market function (e.g. identifying ideal prospects, building pipeline, closing deals, developing partnerships, etc). The ideal candidate has a proven sales and startup background, a bias towards action, and an established network within the events, sports, and entertainment industry.
In this role you will work closely with our CEO and have a meaningful say over the development of our sales function.
- Manage end-to-end sales cycle from lead generation, outreach, negotiation, contracting, and nurturing the clients.
- Conduct cold outreach via email, LinkedIn, phone and other means of communication using various platforms such as Gmail, Apollo, Clay.com, NeverBounce, and Hunter.
- Pitch and sell the Metacommerce Engagement and Mobile Wallet platform to a wide array of prospective clients ranging from enterprise brands, events producers, agencies, cultural institutions, and more.
- Close deals.
- Be the main point-person and build effective relationships with all key partners, clients, and agencies.
- Collaborate closely with the leadership team on our GTM and sales strategy.
- Prepare external client-facing collateral (sales decks, partnership presentations, etc.)
A bit about you
- You are creative. You know the best outcomes in sales don't come from colouring in-between the lines, and you have big ideas for ways to stand out.
- You are a self-starter with a strong work ethic. You are willing to go above and beyond when necessary to hit a deadline, or achieve a goal.
- You are data-driven. You are comfortable measuring the success of everything you do in quantitative terms.
- You are self-sufficient and excel at delivering results in an unstructured environment.
What we are looking for
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in technology/software sales is required.
- Post-secondary education in business or related field is an asset.
- Experience working within the events and entertainment industry
- Experience with and comfortable cold emailing/calling leads and providing demos.
- Hands-on CRM experience (preferably Hubspot) is an asset.
- Ability to learn new technologies and software quickly.
- Occasional availability on evenings and weekends for potential event on-sites
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English (English Native/Fluent) to support our largely asynchronous, documentation forward culture.
- Apparent and clear attention to detail.
Bonus points for
- Previous experience in a rapidly scaling startup environment (Pre-seed to Series B)
- A warm network of key contacts within the enterprise brand, entertainment, or events industries.
- Previous experience in the web3 or digital art markets.
Our Sales Stack
*Our sales stack is constantly evolving but we except knowledge of the above at minimum.
What we offer
- 🕛 Full time roles in a company within a rapidly growing industry.
- 🌎 An all-remote opportunity in an async culture. Go nomadic or stay at home, we don't care.
- 💼 Annual professional learning and development budget.
- 💸 Competitive salary based on candidate's location and experiences.
To give every candidate a clear understanding of our hiring process and what to expect we've listed our standard recruitment stages below with brief descriptions of each stage.
- Intro Call: (15 - 20 mins)
Initial chat to get to know you better and give you an overview of the role.
- General Interview: (30 mins)
In-depth discussion on team and culture as well as how you've worked in the past.
- Reference Checks: (N/A)
We ask that all candidates provide 2-3 professional references upon application. At this stage we connect with them!
- Hiring Decision: (N/A)
Yes or no, plus some light feedback if requested.
Approx. Total Time: 1 Hour over the span of 1 week
Listed on Tue, Jan 17 2024